Wednesday 8 September 2021

The long way here/there/everywhere

Riding with Dave is always "interesting". Previously we have only ridden together on days out in Wales or Derbyshire, he always hunts out the strange tracks and green lanes.
I now understand his method of route choice.

Plot in start and finish.
Draw a strait line.
Place the base of a protractor on it.
Mark 90 degrees.
Make sure route swings as near as there as possible.

The route from mine to Stranraer (220 miles) became 320 :-)

At one point we were near Richmond, Yorkshire.

When he smiled at me at a petrol stop and said "right, deepest darkest Yorkshire" I knew it would be a good, but long day. Every time I thought I knew where we were heading (Tan Hill or to wave at the Yorkshire Shepardess), he would wing off down a track I'd never considered before.

And then there was day 2, liitle used Ayrshire and Galloway roads and gravel.

Hopefully he won't get bored of me following him everywhere anytime soon.

As we prepared to hop over to Ireland, after a summers day in Scotland,

while packing for our early start, I came across Dave's route plan from day 1.
Hopefully the magical mystery tour will continue in the Emerald Isle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A short ride, for a beer.

It seemed like a good idea, 3rd week in October, book a ferry in 2 days time and ride to Alicante for a beer.  A friend has a h...